Friday, June 3, 2011

An introduction.

For years I have been obsessed with Punk Rock!  I fell in love with it and decided to open a record store called
EVOLUTION RECORDS.  After that I joined a band called ALLSTAR ASSASSINS, where we traveled across Canada playing over 250 shows.  I've gone from coast to coast, witnessing the best and worst of places. Some of my favorite places in Canada include: Victoria, BC - Jasper, AB - Sault Ste. Marie, ONT - Montreal, QC - Charlottetown, PEI.  Do I like these places because of the scenery, people or venues?  Well, I must say that it's a combo of everything.  Have we played great shows outside of these places? Yup!  Best show ever...Anytime we played North Bay, ONT.  Great people, great shows...kind of a shithole though.  Anyways, how did we do it?  We (Ants of TRD and myself) booked the show ourselves.  We knew where we wanted to go, we just needed an X to mark the spot, and we just went.

Touring with ASA made me fall in love with travel.  I've been through almost every major town or city from Tofino to PEI, and the crap in between.  Sure I've been to Mexico all inclusives with my buddies, blacked out, threw up and kept going.   That's Not TRAVELING!  Since I've been with my wife, we have these huge plans to see the world.  I still love music, but it's kind of taken a back seat to my new passion.  Along the way I've met some great people and discovered great tidbits of info, and I'd love to share them!!

1 comment:

  1. Dennon, Im enjoying your blog on your trip! Walt and I are looking at doing a trip to the middle east next year so its interesting to read first hand encounters. Hate travel guides as usually its the to run of the mill tourist crap. In Sept we are heading for 20 days through the Panama Canal with my mom (shes in a wheelchair). Keep posting as its great! Take care of Kristen and stay safe and above all enjoy your time. Look forward to your next blogs.
    Sherri Jordan-Knox

    ReplyDelete