Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 11 - Calis Beach Fethiye Hamam day!!

Day 11 - Calis Beach Fethiye 

Filled with sun and lazy days, Calis Beach is paradise! Today we decided to sleep in after staying up late last night watching the Belly Dancers next door. Best seat in the house AND we didn't have to pay for it! Not that we're cheap, it's just when you've seen one hotel show, you've seen em all (Mexico's late night all inclusive "entertainment"...blech!). 

After a home cooked Turkish/Krista brunch, we sauntered over to a Hamam (Turkish bath) and were pampered and contorted beyond belief. Not knowing what to expect, we entered the Hamam, got changed and were directed to lay in a Eucalyptus sauna. We breathed in the aroma, and sweated out the toxins, Efes and wine. A half an hour went by, in came our Turk, he directed us to lay  on a marble round table. Krista was the guinea pig, She was thoroughly scrubbed head to toe with water and and exfoliating pad. With the deep deep groans emanating from her, I knew she was loving it, and to make sure I didn't fell left out, Vadal kept throwing warm water on me! He even threw a cold bowl of water down my pants, a relief from the 30 minute sauna I assure you, but a shock nevertheless. After her scrub down came the bubbles.  He soaped her up, flipped her this way and that and massaged her in all the right places. I closed my eyes, relaxed and let Krista get adjusted, nothing risqué, just a good old fashioned Turkish rub down. 

After Vadal was finished with  Krista she was led away to a room where she enjoyed a nice apple tea. Now came my turn! He exfoliated me, soaped me up, scrubbed the calluses off my feet and gave me a Turkish massage, it was invigorating. The best part was yet to come, he contorted my body parts and adjusted my legs, back , arms and head. He cracked knuckles, picked me up, cracked my back, and he even stretched out my arms but locking his arms with mine, back to back. He sat on my back, gave me the camel clutch and at times, it felt like assisted yoga! When we were done, I'd never felt more limber and relaxed. He led me to the same room where I joined Krista for some apple tea, he applied a mask to Krista and proceeded to entertain us with a wee bit of a magic show. All with a sense of humour of course, he made kerchiefs, water and salt disappear, and threw them at us when he brought them back. After the show, he gave us his card: masseur and illusionist! Only in Turkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment